The RN to BSN Completion Program at South Carolina State University is designed for Registered Nurses (RNs) who are graduates of an accredited (CCNE or NLN) diploma or associate degree (ASN) nursing programs. This program leads to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree. This program will begin in the Summer Semester 2014.
Purpose of this Option
The RN to BSN Completion Program offers a creative curriculum for educating nurses to become competent in meeting the challenging health needs of society. The program also builds on leadership foundation and prepares RNs for graduate study. Graduates will possess knowledge of humanities, quantitative reasoning and technological understandings, science, personal wellness, cultural awareness, and nursing. The curriculum will focus on continued development of skills to advance nursing practice, evaluating the role of professional nurses in a holistic approach to health care, and participation as informed citizens in society.
To be eligible to apply to the RN to BSN Completion Program, students must:
- Be admitted to South Carolina State University as a degree-seeking student.
- Have graduated from a CCNE or NLNAC accredited school of nursing.
- Have a current, unencumbered South Carolina RN license or multistate license.
- Comply with all immunization requirements. Failure to meet requirements or will prevent participation in practicum experiences. Lack of participation could constitute a practicum course failure.
- Provide proof of current CPR certification, health insurance, and liability coverage.
- Purchase a national criminal background report.