A medical history and physical examination are required of every student. No new student will be permitted to enroll in the University until this record is completed. Every readmitted student who has not been in attendance within three years immediately prior to date of application is required to have a medical examination. The examination must be administered by the student's physician or a health care clinic and reported on a special form provided for this purpose by the University.
South Carolina state law and the University require that all students, prior to registration, document evidence of the following immunizations:
- Administration of tetanus toxoid booster within the last five years.
- Administration of trivalent oral polio vaccine (Sabin) series.
- Administration of Rubeola (Red Measles) live virus after January 1, 1968, if born after January 1, 1957.
- Administration of Rubella (German Measles) vaccine with live virus after June 1, 1969, if born after January 1, 1957.
- Tuberculin skin test (PPD) within the past 12 months. If tuberculin test is positive, negative x-ray must be documented within six (6) months prior to admission.