SC State University recognizes home schooled high school students as individuals who have obtained their high school education and high school diploma through study in a non-traditional home setting.
Home schooled high school graduates are required to meet the same admissions requirements as freshman applicants. In addition, the home school applicant must submit:
- Completed Undergraduate Application
- Official transcripts from any high school or colleges attended including GPA (2.0)
- Declaration of Intent to Home School as filed with the local board of education.
- SAT I combined (critical reading + Mathematics) score (830 or higher) or ACT score (17 or higher).
- Home schooled high school transcript of all work completed with primary teacher certifying the completion of high school and the date of graduation.
- Specified nonrefundable $25 application fee