South Carolina State University offers and accepts a wide variety of aid for students. Please review carefully the aid available and all processes and procedures for application and administration.
In order to receive Federal aid, Students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) immediately after October 1st. The school code for South Carolina State University is 003446.
|When a Student Is Attending College (School Year)||When a Student Can Submit a FAFSA||Which Year's Income and Tax Information Is Required|
|July 1, 2016–June 30, 2017||January 1, 2016–June 30, 2017|
|July 1, 2017–June 30, 2018||October 1, 2016–June 30, 2018|
Applying for financial aid and applying for admission to South Carolina State University are separate processes. Students do not need to wait for admission to be admitted to the University to complete the FAFSA. Students’ data will be reviewed for financial aid eligibility when they have been officially accepted for admission into a degree seeking program. New and transfer students need to contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions or School of Graduate Studies and follow their instructions regarding the admissions process.
Each person completing the FAFSA must apply for a FSA ID in order to electronically sign the application. Dependent students are required to provide parental information in order to complete the FAFSA, and therefore your parent(s) must apply for their own FSA ID INDIVIDUALLY. So only the owner of an FSA ID should create or use the account. Here's why:
- The FSA ID serves as a legal signature and should not be shared with anyone, including family, school personnel, loan servicers, or contact center agents.
- By creating your own FSA ID, you’re more likely to remember your username, password, and the answers to your challenge questions. Without these, you can lose access to your account and be unable to log in to Federal Student Aid websites.
- An e-mail address cannot be used with more than one FSA ID. If you forget your username or password, you can request that a secure code be e-mailed to you to allow you to reset your username or password. For security reasons, you don’t want that code being sent to someone else.
As you can see, you’ll need access to your (and only your) FSA ID and associated e-mail address. Please follow the FAFSA instructions carefully in order to complete the application correctly. Errors and omissions will delay the processing of student data and could affect the chances of receiving assistance.
Financial Aid Important Dates
- 2014-2015 Summer School Application available March 17, 2015
- FAFSA filing priority date: May 1, 2015
- Fall File Completion Deadline*: July 2, 2015
- Spring File Completion Deadline*: December 1, 2015
*These are soft deadlines to ensure the student has Financial Aid assistance available prior to the tuition and fee payment deadline. If the file is not completed by this date, the student will need to make payment arrangements with the Treasures office to prevent drop for nonpayment. Files completed after this date will be processed based on receipt date.
Title IV School Code: 003446
The Office of Financial Aid serves the students of South Carolina State University with all aspects of financial aid. We're located on the first floor, Room 151, so please come by and see us.
Post Office Box 7386
Crawford Zimmerman Complex, Suite 151
Orangeburg, SC 29117
Phone Number: (803) 536-7067
Facsimile: (803) 536-8420
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm(extended hours until 7:00pm during registration)