The SC State Standards in all content areas are used as the focus for instruction at Felton. As a Laboratory school, we encourage innovative methods and research-based instructional strategies. Our faculty members attend various conferences and are members of content area professional organizations. Professional reading is supported through subscriptions to educational journals and publications. 65% of the faculty possess advanced degrees. Technology is utilized as an instructional tool and to communicate with parents as we move towards becoming a “green” institution.
Course offerings at Felton include:
- English/Language Arts – English I, Literature, Basic English, Reading Intervention
- Mathematics – Algebra I, Basic Math
- Social Studies – United States History, World History, South Carolina History
- Science – Earth Science, Biology, Physical Science, General Science
- Visual and Performing Arts – Band, Art, Drama, Chorus
- Business Education – Keyboarding, Computer Applications
- Foreign Language – Mandarin Chinese (Lower School) - Spanish (Middle School)
- Physical Education
- Other Programs – PASS Academy, After School Homework Center, International Field Study Program for Students, Parents, and Faculty
Here at Felton Laboratory School, students will experience virtual classes, receive instruction in classes focusing on technology, science and math as well as an integrated curriculum of the core curriculum subjects and related arts classes. In addition, there is a foreign language component to teach kindergarten through fifth grade Mandarin Chinese and, grades sixth through eighth Spanish. Students will also have an opportunity to participate in our foreign studies program implemented for all the students desiring to travel internationally. At Felton, students receive computer-assisted instruction for advanced classes, remediation and for research based instruction.
Felton students participate in a variety of extracurricular activities. Involvement in clubs, sports, the arts, and service organizations are essential elements to developing enriched, versatile, and socially concerned students.
- Boys/Girls Basketball, Volley Ball, Cheerleading, Step Team
- Dance & Movement
- National Junior Art Honor Society 6-8 grade
- National Junior Beta Club 5-8 grade
- National Honor Society
- CYPRESS Club(4-H)
- Jr. MANRRS (agricultural club)
- Student Council
- Morning News Show
- Engineering/Future City
- Poetry Club