logo for page printing

Felton Laboratory School History

felton laboratory schoolThe Felton Laboratory School, originally known as Felton Training School, was established in 1920 as an outgrowth of kindergarten, which was developed under the guidance of Miss Sarah B. Henderson, an instructor of Kindergarten and Primary Methods. As part of the Department of Education, this program continued to grow as courses in methods, observations and directed teaching were added to the curriculum.

In 1924, a four-room building was donated by the joint cooperation of the General Education Board and the Rosenwald Fund for teacher education purposes in connection with normal course of study.

In 1964, with the expansion of the Teacher Education Pro- gram, a new building was constructed and Felton Training School was renamed Felton Laboratory School. In 1997, Felton Laboratory School updated the building by adding a state-of-the-art Music and Art room. The spacious Music room was designed to be acoustically sound and to include ample space for storage. The Science Lab was also updated at this time to include more ample storage space and work stations to enhance investigations in Science. Today, Felton Laboratory School continues to strive to provide the best quality education for students in Kindergarten through eighth grade.