Official transcripts fees are:
|Electronic||$12.75 per copy.|
|Paper||$14.75 per copy.|
|Paper-Pick up||$15.00 per copy.|
Transcript fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Academic transcripts will not be released to anyone, except the student, unless officially requested in writing by the student and accompanied with official identification.
- Transcripts will not be released for anyone who has an outstanding financial obligation to the University. Prior to submitting your transcript request, you may contact the Office of Accounts Receivable (803-533-3703, 803-536-8077, 803-536-8427 or 803-536-8550) and Loan Management at 803-536-8612 to verify your account status.
- SC State University does not fax transcripts, neither do we accept fax transcript requests.
- Requests for transcripts of courses taken at other institutions must be directed to that institution.
- Once a transcript is opened, it is no longer official, therefore another request and fee must be submitted in order to obtain another official copy.
- Complimentary unofficial transcripts are available to students that are currently in attendance at the University. If you are no longer enrolled at the SC State University, you must follow the standard procedures for requesting a transcript as outlined below.
Online Transcript Request
- If you were enrolled at SC State University any time prior to 1984, you may not request your transcript online. These records are in the archives and must be retrieved manually. Please follow the instructions under the heading ‘Mail Request’.
- NOTE: The online account is being created by you, therefore, it is your responsibility to make certain that you type in the correct mailing and/or email address at the time that yo submit your order online. We do not have access to make any corrections to your online order.
- Your credit/debit card will be pre-authorized for the purchased amount when your order is initially placed online, however, the fee will not be charged to your card until the transcript request has been prepared for delivery.
- Once your order has been submitted, Parchment Exchange will send you a confirmation receipt for your order and a delivery notification when the transcript has been processed.
- South Carolina State University has authorized Avow Systems, Inc. to provide PDF transcripts that are secured by a digital certificate which ensures that the transcript has been prepared
and delivered by South Carolina State University Office of the Registrar and that it is an original unaltered document.
- Adobe Reader 6.04 or higher is required to access an electronic transcript. We do not recommend that you access your transcript from your smartphones (EX: IPHONE, SAMSUNG GALAXY, HTC, etc.). Due to high security measures, federal government agencies may or may not be able to download an electronic transcript.
- Once an electronic transcript has been delivered, 3 opportunities will be given and for up to 15 days the document will be available for downloading, after that time, the order will expire and you will no longer have access to the document. Please save the PDF to view at a later date. The document cannot be resent. A new transcript request and fee will have to be submitted online. Transcript fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- NOTE: If you have a form (i.e. AMCAS, SOPHAS, LSAT, etc.) that must be attached to your academic transcript, DO NOT REQUEST YOUR TRANSCRIPT ONLINE. Please complete the SC State University Transcript Request Form, contact the Cashier’s Office (803-536-8546) to submit a credit or debit card payment, write the receipt number at the bottom of the form, enclose the form that has to be attached to your transcript and mail the information to the Registrar’s Office to the address listed in the upper-right hand corner of the Transcript Request Form.
Procedures for Ordering a Transcript Online
New Customer: Please have credit/debit card available for online orders.
- Click on ‘NEW’ Online Transcript Request.
- Click on ‘Create Account’ and follow the instructions as outlined
- Click on ‘Send to Yourself’, ‘Another Individual’, or ‘Third Party’ to enter the mailing address.
- Follow instructions for payment.
- Maintain your order number for inquiries regarding your transcript request.
Returning customers: Please have your username and password available for online orders.
Delivery Options for Academic Transcripts:
- A ‘Paper Copy’ of an academic transcripts is sent via standard U.S. Mail by Parchment Exchange. Please allow 5 – 7 business days for receipt of your transcript.
- Electronic Transcripts are available within 24 business hours after the receipt of the online order. If you are sending an electronic transcript to someone other than yourself, please verify with the recipient that they will accept your transcript as a PDF document. Please make certain that the recipient provide you with a valid email address to include in your online order.
- A ‘Paper Pick Up Copy’of a transcript from the Registrar’s Office is available within 24 business hours after receipt of the online order.
ATTENDED SC STATE UNIVERSITY BEFORE 1984
(If you were enrolled at any time before 1984, please follow the instructions listed below).
Complete the Official Paper Transcript Request Form
Send a letter with the following information:
Full Name (all names used).
Student identification or last four digits of social security number.
Copy of current student identification, driver’s license, Department of Motor Vehicles or military identification card.
Enrollment dates at SC State University.
Recipient address to which transcript is being sent.
Your contact number in case additional information is needed.
Your email address in case additional information is needed.
You may contact the Cashier’s Office (803-536-8546) to submit a credit/debit card payment or enclose a cashier’s check or money order made payable to SC State University.
Mail request to:
The Registrar’s Office
SC State University
300 College Street, NE
P.O. Box 8104
Orangeburg, SC 29117
NOTE: SC State University cannot accept the responsibility for the delivery time of the U.S. Postal Service, or any other mail carriers, neither can we accept responsibility for the non-delivery of a transcript if the recipient address or email provided to us is incomplete and or incorrect.
Questions or concerns regarding transcript requests: Ms. Shawanda Sanders (803) 536-8953.
IN PERSON TRANSCRIPT REQUEST: ONLY for students\alumni that Attended Any Time before 1984:
Registrar’s Office – Moss Hall, Room 202
Complete Transcript Request Form.
Have valid identification (driver’s license, military or DMV identification card).
Pay Cashier (cash, credit or debit card) Crawford Zimmerman Bldg. 1st Floor.
Bring receipt along with the Transcript Request Form to the Registrar’s Office.
Please allow 5 business days for your transcripts to be processed.
Transcript request submitted on behalf of someone else must include written authorization from the owner of the record and a copy of their driver’s license, current student identification, Department of Motor Vehicles or military identification card. The remitter must also submit one form of the requested identification cards.