We cannot accept responsibility for the delivery time of the U.S. Postal Service, or any other mail carriers nor can we accept responsibility for the non-delivery of a transcript if the recipient address or email provided to us is incomplete and or incorrect.
REQUESTING OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS
ONLINE: (Secure Electronic PDF Transcripts sent by Email)
- Electronic PDF Transcripts are $12.75 per recipient using this email delivery service.
- If enrolled prior to 1984 you cannot use this service. You must order your transcript by mail.
- Before placing your order, you must first verify with the recipient that they will accept your transcript as a PDF document.
Ordering Your Transcript from SOUTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY ONLINE
- Select 'SOUTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY Online Transcript Ordering Service'
- Login or create a new account.
- Follow the instructions for placing your transcript request order, including the completion of a consent form, delivery options and fees.
- You may use your full social security number if you do not remember your student identification number.
- Transcripts are e-mailed to the recipient in the form of a secure certified PDF.
- A valid email address for the recipient is required.
- South Carolina State University has authorized Avow Systems, Inc. to provide PDF transcripts that are secured by a digital certificate that ensures that the transcript has been prepared and delivered by the South Carolina State University Office of the University Registrar and is original and unaltered.
- Your credit card will be pre-authorized for the purchase amount when your order is initially placed, however, it will not be charged until the document has been made available for download.
- The recipient must have Adobe Reader 6.04 or higher installed to access your transcript. We do recommend that you try not to access your transcript from your smartphones (EX: IPHONE, SAMSUNG GALAXY, HTC, ETC.)
- The recipient will have 7 days and three opportunities to access and to retrieve your transcript after receiving the email. You will need to save the PDF to view it at a later date.
- Delivered transcript documents that have not been downloaded by the recipient and have expired cannot be resent. A new transcript request and fee will have to be submitted.
- You will receive email updates regarding your order and will be able to check the status of your order online.
MAIL REQUEST: ONLY STUDENTS THAT ATTENDED PRIOR TO 1984 SHOULD COMPLETE THE FORM
Complete this Official Paper Transcript Request Form or send a letter with the following information:
Full Name (all names used).
Student identification or social security number.
Copy of current student identification, driver’s license, Department of Motor Vehicles or military identification card.
Enrollment dates at SCSU.
Recipient address to which transcript is being sent.
Your contact number in case additional information is needed.
Enclose payment made payable to (SCSU) South Carolina State University.
Mail request to:
The Registrar’s Office
South Carolina State University
300 College Street, Northeast
P.O. Box 8104
Orangeburg, SC 29117
Questions or concerns regarding transcript requests: 803-536-8418 or 803-536-7185.
IN PERSON: ONLY STUDENTS THAT ATTENDED PRIOR TO 1984 should provide us with the information below. (Please allow 3-5 business days for your transcripts to be processed)
You may come by our office Moss Hall Room 202 to receive a copy of your transcript or to request that your transcript be released to a third party.
- Photo ID is required.
- $15.00 fee per copy payable to South Carolina State University is required. Payment must be made in the Cashier office.