- Do not panic and remain calm.
- Remove persons in immediate danger of the fire. If not already closed, close the door to the room affected.
- If the room is smoky, get on your hands and knees (or stomach) and crawl to the door.
- Feel door knob, if it is hot do not open door, if it is cool then open the door slowly.
- If the hallway is smoky, stay next to the wall and count the doors as you crawl to the exit.
- Do not prop open doors to the exit stairways.
- Once out of the building, do not return to the building for any reason. All students and faculty should meet at a predetermined location.
NEVER USE THE ELEVATOR IN THE EVENT OF A FIRE, FIRE ALARM, OR ANY TYPE OF EMERGENCY SITUATION. THE POWER MAY FAIL AND THE OCCUPANTS CAN BECOME TRAPPED INSIDE.