Thursday, September 27, 2012
The SC State University Board of Trustees met today, (September 27, 2012). During the meeting, Mr. Dave Olsen, president of the Savannah River Remediation, Subsidiary of URS and Ms. Kayla Mills, '10, procurement specialist for URS, presented a check for $10,000 to interim president, Dr. Cynthia A. Warrick and interim board chairman, Dr. John H. Corbitt for scholarships.
Also during the meeting:
- The Board of Trustees voted to name the Athletic Director's Suite in Oliver C. Dawson Football Stadium, the Gracia W. Dawson Suite.
- Mr. Guss Bodison, '91, Mr. Redick Brown, '99 and Dr. Walter Louis Walters were appointed to the SC State University Board of Visitors.
- The University's auditors presented a draft of the University's audit to the Board of Trustees. Among several things, the draft audit revealed that SC State University’s composite financial index (CFI), which is one measure of the University’s financial health, was extremely low. Interim President Warrick and the administration are committed to increasing the CFI by implementing a number of initiatives to include: evaluating the overall structure of the University and all academic programs; and by increasing enrollment, retention, fundraising and grant development.
- SC State University administration presented additional suggestions towards finalizing the fiscal year 2012-2013 budget. The proposed timeline to present a final budget will be the end of October 2012.
- Finally, the SC State University Board of Trustees voted on officers. The chairman is Dr. Walter L. Tobin; the vice-chairman is Robert W. Waldrep Jr.; and the secretary is Mrs. Linda Edwards Duncan.