Friday, March 23, 2007
ORANGEBURG, SC – The South Carolina State men’s tennis team edged visiting Appalachian State of the Southern Conference 4-3 Thursday in a non-conference match-up at the Bulldog Tennis Facility. The two teams split the six singles matches, however, Coach Hardeep Judge’s team won the doubles competition to capture the decisive point and the match.
The Bulldogs, who improved to 12-4 on the season won all three doubles matches, and captured singles at the number one, five and six positions. The visiting Mountaineers won singles at the number two, three and four spots for their three points.
Coach Judge’s team will try to keep its Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference record perfect Sunday when the Bulldogs travel to Norfolk State for a 9 a.m. match. The SC State men are 7-0 against MEAC competition.
South Carolina State Univ 4, Appalachian State 3
1. HURDUC,Ionut (SCSUM) def. Trent Constance (ASU) 7-6, 7-6
2. Ryan Brookshaw (ASU) def. LOMAKIN,Dimitry (SCSUM) 6-1, 6-4
3. Dimitar Dimitrov (ASU) def. CHATURVEDI,Parantap (SCSUM) 6-4, 6-2
4. Peter Jacobs (ASU) def. BISERCIC,Dragan (SCSUM) 6-2, 7-6
5. PIVONKA,Radek (SCSUM) def. Lee Floyd (ASU) 7-6, 6-3
6. MILIVOJEVIC,Ivan (SCSUM) def. David Doverspike (ASU) 6-1, 6-0
1. HURDUC,Ionut/PIVONKA,Radek (SCSUM) def. Dimitar Dimitrov/Ryan Brookshaw (ASU) 8-6
2. CHATURVEDI,Parantap/BISERCIC,Dragan (SCSUM) def. Trent Constance/Peter Jacobs (ASU) 8-6
3. LANGER,Jan/MEYER,Hector (SCSUM) def. Lee Floyd/David Doverspike (ASU) 9-7
South Carolina State Univ 12-4