Monday, February 22, 2010
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) is pleased to announce a logo design competition for students, faculty, staff, alumni and retirees of member institutions.
Due to the recent separate incorporation of the Commission from the Association, a new logo is needed apart from the SACS seal. The winning logo will become the property of SACSCOC and will be presented at the Annual Meeting in December 2010. The new logo will be phased in and will completely replace the current logo that appears on Web pages, stationery, business cards and official publications of the organization.
Prizes for the competition include:
First prize: $500.00
Second prize: $300.00
Third prize: $200.00
Deadline for receiving entries is Friday, April 30, 2010.
Entries should be mailed to:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, GA 30033-4097
- Entries should be submitted on paper and in electronic format. We are looking for a logo that presents well in both media.
- All submissions should be completed as vector art and saved as an EPS file. Linked files should be embedded and all type outlined. A low resolution PDF file should also be sent for review.
- Entries should include the design with no identifying designer marks or affiliation.
- Designer identification should be included with the entry but should not be on the entry.
- Designer identification should include the designer’s name, mailing address, email address and telephone number. Designer identification should also include the name and address of the institution, as well as the affiliation of the designer (student, faculty, staff, alumni or retiree).
- All entries will be acknowledged upon receipt.
- All entries will become the property of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- Entries will not be returned.
- Identification will be removed from each entry.
- A team of Commission staff will screen the anonymous entries and select the top ten designs.
- The SACSCOC Board of Trustees will make the final selections from the anonymous entries.
- Winners will be announced at the December meeting, where the winning logo will be presented.
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges is the regional body for the accreditation of degree-granting higher education institutions in the Southern states. The Commission’s mission is the enhancement of educational quality throughout the region and it strives to improve the effectiveness of institutions by ensuring that institutions meet standards established by the higher education community that address the needs of society and students. It serves as the common denominator of shared values and practices among the diverse institutions in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Latin America and other international sites approved by the Commission on Colleges that award associate, baccalaureate, master’s, or doctoral degrees. The Commission also accepts applications from other international institutions of higher education.
Dr. Pamela Cravey
Coordinator of Communications and External Affairs
(404) 679-4501 ext. 4504