DESCRIPTION: The Palmetto Number Theory Series (PANTS) is a series of number theory meetings held in South Carolina, the Palmetto State, and other places in the Southeast. The core members of the PANTS consortium are:
PANTS is funded for the 2014-2015 academic year by grants from the NSA and NSF.
For links to webpages of all PANTS meetings, see the PANTS home page.
Information on PANTS XXII
- DATES: Saturday, September 6 and Sunday, September 7, 2014
- LOCATION: Engineering and Computer Science Complex, South Carolina State University, Orangeburg, SC
- PLENARY SPEAKERS:
University of Michigan
- INVITED POSTDOC SPEAKER:
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- INVITED GRADUATE STUDENT SPEAKER:
University of Wisconsin-Madison
- REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS: (Please click here to register. If you intend to speak, then also send an email to Frank Thorne at email@example.com.)
- SCHEDULE OF TALKS
- ABSTRACTS OF TALKS
- CONFERENCE PHOTOS
- REGISTRATION FEE: The registration fee is being paid for by the NSA for all participants.
- PARTICIPANT SUPPORT: PANTS has a limited budget but hopes to be able to support each participant without a personal grant for up to $200 for travel and accommodations. Here is a visitor expense form for requesting support.
NOTE: If you wish to apply for travel reimbursement, you MUST send an e-mail to Frank Thorne by August 30. If you are neither a U.S. citizen nor a permanent resident, you MUST send the e-mail to Frank by August 23. We need to know how many people will be attending so that we can plan accordingly.
- Participants are responsible for making their own arrangements. If you plan to request support, please share accommodations so that we can make the best use of grant funding.
- Local hotels (Ask for SCSU rate at Country Inn and Suites (803) 928-5300 and at Holiday Inn Express (803) 539-2900: You may be able to find better rates online)
- TRAVEL: South Carolina State University is located in Orangeburg, South Carolina. Click here for directions. The conference will be in Engineering and Computer Science Complex on Geathers Street. You can also use, for example, Mapquest for directions. Entry to SCSU is restricted by the Chestnut Street/US HWY 21 gate on Saturdays and Sundays.
- PARKING: Conference parking will be available in parking lots adjacent to the Engineering and Computer Science Complex.
- LOCAL RESTAURANTS
- LOCAL ORGANIZERS: Matthew Boylan, Michael Filaseta, and Frank Thorne
- CONTACTS AT SOUTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY: Ikhalfani Solan, Jean Michel, and Kenneth Lewis
- CONTACTS AT CLEMSON UNIVERSITY: Jim Brown, Kevin James, and Hui Xue
Please feel free to e-mail us if you have any questions.