Students must take responsibility for their academic success and seek the appropriate information to make informed decisions and choices. Examine the list below and get on the right path toward becoming a successful “Change Agent,” as a teacher in society.
Are You Guilty?
- Not repeating courses with grades lower than a “C”
- Enrolling in new courses, while failing courses
- Not following your Program of Study
- Enrolling in several courses requiring extensive reading, mathematic, or writing processing skills
- Refusing to utilize university-wide resources(Your advisors, CARE Center staff, Writing Laboratory, or tutorial services)
- Refusing to seek academic assistance from advisors, course professor or the CARE Center
- Refusing to read or adhere to academic policies and procedures
- Refusing to register or take the Praxis I Test
- Failing to attend class or complete assignment in a timely manner
- Lacking or refusing to use time management skills
- Having too many unofficial advisors