The Centralized Advisement, Retention and Evaluation (CARE) Center serves as the Department of Teacher Education's centralized information and resource center for prospective education majors. The Center provides information regarding curriculum requirements; maintains students' academic files; monitors academic progress; and communicates with students on a continuous basis regarding their status for admission to a teacher education program. In addition, the CARE Center assigns all students an advisor with expertise in their program of study to assist and guide them through the prescribed stages of the Admission and Monitoring Process.
Our teacher education program takes pride in providing students with an academic advising center, The Centralized Advisement Retention and Evaluation (CARE) Center managed by a professional staff to assist new, transfer, and continuing students with their empowerment skills to become engaged and responsible for their academic success at the university.
At SOUTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY, the Department of Education faculty is committed to developing student's potential capabilities and skills as professional educators, who are "Effective Performers, Reflective Decision Makers and Humanistic Practitioners," which is the theme of the department. Our faculty and staff have made a commitment to make student's success their first priority. In addition, students are assigned an academic advisor to support, direct, and guide their academic and personal development.
The Goals are:
- Empower students to make informed decisions and academic choices.
- Provide students with academic advisement, adherence and interpretation of academic policies and procedures.
- Assign advisor with expertise in your Program of Study
- Assist with the registration process
- Provide clarity for Praxis I Test requirements
- Conduct informational sessions within the university and upon request
- Coordinate the Writing and Interview Assessments for the completion of Stage One of the Admission and Monitoring Process
- Interpret state and national mandates for initial teacher requirements
- Transfer files to the Office of Clinical Experiences, Evaluation and Certification (CEEC)