One-on-One Technical Assistance
The Orangeburg Area SBDC provide one-on-one technical counseling for start up and expansion of small businesses. Information about the local chambers of commerce and other business and professional organizations is also provided.
Marketing is the process by which companies determine what products or services may be of interest to customers, and the strategy to use in sales, communications and business development. It is an integrated process through which companies create value for customers and build strong customer relationships in order to capture value from customers in return.
Marketing is used to identify the customer, to keep the customer, and to satisfy the customer. With the customer as the focus of its activities, marketing management is one of the major components of business management.
The term marketing concept holds that achieving organizational goals depends on knowing the needs and wants of target markets and delivering the desired satisfactions. It proposes that in order to satisfy its organizational objectives, an organization should anticipate the needs and wants of consumers and satisfy these more effectively than competitors.
Financial Management Assistance
The SBDC provides financial management assistance for small business owners to include:
- Assist individuals and firms affected by the economy to take advantage of newly created opportunities as a result of such changes.
- Assist in financial problems, thereby reducing the failure rate of businesses in the area.
- Assist in growth, financing and networking success with customers and other businesses.
- Assist in their plan for succession.
Business Plan Development
A business plan offers at least four primary benefits:
- A plan gives you a path to follow. It can help you make your business what you want it to be.
- A plan can be a communication vehicle between upper level management.
- A plan can help you develop as a manager by helping you to focus on your competition and opportunities.
- A plan provides your banker with insight into your goals and objectives and historical and future financial information.
Your business plan should communicate the following information clearly and concisely:
- The nature of your business
- The goals and objectives of your business
- The steps you need to take to achieve your goals and objectives
- An action plan for implementing these steps
- Issues and strategies for overcoming problems
Business Education and Training
SBDC conducts seminars aimed at providing information and training to small business owners in areas such as financial management, marketing, tax preparation, leadership skills, entrepreneurship, start up cost, credit management and expanding your business.
The SBDC utilizes one on one video conferencing technology for the purpose of counseling clients, contacting small business owners and agencies in distant areas.