Applications for advanced-level degree programs (Ed.D. and Ed.S.) may be submitted once per semester, on or before the deadline, to be considered for admission for the following semester. The deadlines are: April 1 (for Fall Semester admission) and November 1 (for Spring Semester admission). Standard graduate application forms are available from the School of Graduate Studies and online at www.scsu.edu. Minimum credentials required are (a) a completed School of Graduate Studies application form; (b) an up-to-date résumé; (c) official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work; (d) Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) scores; (e) three letters of recommendation from professional educators and (f) a copy of a valid educator certificate.
Note: Items (a)-(f) must be submitted directly to the School of Graduate Studies on or before the deadline.
Eligibility Requirements (Ed.D)
Applicants must satisfy the following requirements to be eligible for admission to the Ed.D. degree program,:
- Score a minimum of 1000 on the GRE verbal and quantitative sections or 1,500 on the GRE verbal, quantitative and analytical sections; or 410 on the MAT.
- Present evidence of a 3.50 or better grade point average (on a 4.0 grading system) for all graduate work completed.
- Present evidence of a minimum of five (5) years certified contractual educator experience.
- Complete an interview and writing examination.
Satisfaction of the requirements listed above does not guarantee admission to the program. Only a limited number of places exist in the Ed.D. degree program, and selection is competitive. Admission is based on the faculty’s assessment of each applicant’s potential for success in the program considering the criteria and the number of available positions.
The programs of study illustrated below reflect requirements for both the respective degree and level of administrator certification. Ed.S. Degree Program of Study (For students who have a master’s degree and no administrative certification. This program leads to principal and superintendent certification.)
Eligibility Requirements (Ed.S) Students must meet the following requirements to receive the Ed.S. degree in educational administration:
- Score a minimum of 900 on the GRE verbal and quantitative sections or 1,350 on the GRE verbal, quantitative and ana lytical sections; or 391 on the MAT.
- Present evidence of a 3.25 or better grade point average (on a 4.0 grading system) for all graduate work completed.
- Present evidence of a minimum of three (3) years certified contractual educator experience.
The applicant must receive a favorable review of these credentials and be selected for admission by the Educational Leadership Admissions Committee which is composed of the Educational Leadership faculty.
Based on the decision of the Admissions Committee, a letter of acceptance or non-acceptance will be sent to each applicant from the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies.