MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMGRADUATE OPPORTUNITIES
In the rehabilitation counseling program at the South Carolina State University, we train students to help individuals with disabilities achieve equality in all facets of society.
Our graduates work in the field as counselors and administrators, assisting individuals with disabilities to attain employment, well-being and optimum independence.
Our goal is to provide you the best educational experience possible in a strong student-centered environment.
Upon graduation, you’re also eligible for national certification as a rehabilitation counselor and state licensure as a professional counselor.
You’ll receive intensive supervision and mentoring from nationally and internationally known faculty members as well as experts in the field who serve as adjunct instructors.
The course work is integrated with service learning through the on-campus rehabilitation counseling lab. This lab allows you to engage in cutting-edge research regarding evidence-based practices in disability and addiction rehabilitation.
Our faculty members are involved in a variety of research projects. Current research projects focus on:
- Organizational culture for individuals with disabilities
- Impact of disability in ethnic and cultural populations
- Service delivery in the state vocational rehabilitation
- Substance abuse recovery and prevention
You’ll need to meet the admission requirements for South Carolina State University. The program admission process includes:
- Completed departmental graduate program application
- Personal statement
- Two reference letters (one from a former instructor, the other from a former employer)
- Competitive GRE scores (international students whose native language is not English may substitute UNT’s Graduate Preparation Course for their GRE score.
- Personal interview with graduate faculty members
The M.S. degree program consists of 48 credit hours of combined course work and practical experience.
The required course work examines counseling, multicultural aspects of disability assessment and case management, and vocational rehabilitation process.
We have several scholarships available if you’re currently working with, or are planning to work with, the state-federal vocational rehabilitation system. These scholarships are funded by the rehabilitation Services Administration and are awarded on competitive basis.
Rehabilitation Counseling Program Statistics
100% Pass Ratio – Subject Matter Comps
96% - Employment Rate
90% - CRC Pass Rate
65% - NCR/NCC Pass Rate
93% - LPC Pass Rate
For more information about the Rehabilitation Counseling Program please contact