We Offer Quality Health CareBrooks Health Center's (BHC) staff consists of: physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacist, registered and licensed practical nurses, other allied health care practitioner and support staff equipped to assess, evaluate and treat most routine outpatient (ambulatory) care problems associated with the college age population.
Student Health FeesAs a component for students’ success in their academic pursuit, it is essential they have access to quality affordable comprehensive healthcare. In addition, disease prevention and cost barriers are keys to preventive care; therefore, the health center strives to provide students’ access to primary health care.
Most health services are paid through the student health fee in tuition. For students not charged the health fees, services can be provided on a fee-for-service basis.
The student health fee pays for:
- Office visits for the treatment of routine and chronic illness
- Limited labs studies (blood sugar, U/A, etc.)
- Limited over-the counter medications
- Support groups and workshops
- Preventive health screening
- Flu vaccine
NOTE: The health fee also assist the health center with access to medical technology, medical equipment and supplies and the integration of the electronic medical record (EMR) system.
The student health fee does not pay for:
- Radiology (X-ray) and laboratory services
- Prescription medication
- Physical Exam
- Immunizations and vaccines (PPD, MMR, Tetanus, Hepatitis, Meningitis, etc.)
- Services received at off campus medical clinics/providers or hospital