How do I apply for summer financial aid?
- The summer financial aid application is available beginning March 15
- The summer financial aid application must be submitted by June 15.
- Finalize your course selection for both summer sessions before submitting the summer school application.
What should I know about summer financial aid?
- The summer financial aid application is required if you are applying for the federal Work Study program, federal Stafford loans, Graduate PLUS Loans, and Parent PLUS Loans.
- For undergraduate students enrolled in both Session I and Session II but taking less than six credit hours during Session I , loan funds will not be disbursed to your account until the beginning of Session II. You must be enrolled in at least six total credit hours for all summer sessions.
- If you change summer session or reduce the total number of enrolled hours due to dropping or cancellation of classes, your award will be reduced accordingly or possibly cancelled.
- If you borrow the maximum Stafford Loan amounts based on your grade level during the academic year, you will not have Stafford Loan funds available to cover summer school expenses. Visit the Loan Info page for additional information and to review other loan options.
Information Regarding Alternative Loans
- Non-federal loans may be available to students who do not qualify for federal student loans or those who need additional loan assistance beyond the federal loan maximums.
- In order to receive a non-federal loan (alternative/private loan), the student must apply directly with the lender.
- The summer financial aid application is not required if you only apply for an alternative loan for the summer. The Office of Financial Aid will receive the information directly from the lender. Be sure to sign all disclosure notices with the lender.
- You will receive an email when your award has been finalized. Please allow a minimum of two weeks to process the alternative loan.